Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Healing

Healing is a process, and today, I experienced a part of that process. Cameron and I have been best friends for many years now, we both care deeply for each other, and would never do anything to hurt the other. We've been through death, divorce, awkward teenage years, and almost every other experience you can think of together. We've laughed together and cried together. We've never had a fight. Most importantly, we are there for each other when times are hard.

My goal was to not text or call him for a week after all this mess happened between us, but yesterday, I really felt the need to call him. The call was more for me than it was for him, but it turned out that he really needed me too. I knew he was having a bad day, because one of our friends told me. I felt so convicted that I hadn't called him before now. I know that distance needs to be part of the process, but I also know how horrible he was/is feeling about this whole thing. He can't apologize any more than he already has, and I think he was really trying to give me the distance I so desired. But, when I heard what had happened to him, I had to call and make sure that he was ok.

When I got off the phone with him, I felt like a huge weight had been lifted off my shoulders and my heart. No matter what has happened between us, I still love him. Nothing is ever going to change that. I know that someday we will eventually probably go our separate ways, but I don't think God is done with our relationship yet. It's going to be rocky for a while, but I'm willing to stick it out if he is.

I'm feeling a bit nostalgic, so I thought I'd share our history together in photos so you can see just how long we've been friends.
Prom my Senior year

Graduation
Leaving for college
My favorite picture of us
His graduation

I could never throw all of that away for fear that my emotions would push him away. He has stood by my for a long time, and I should have never doubted him. 


1 comment:

Listen to rgrigg00s Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones