Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Betsy Got New Shoes!

And by Betsy, I mean my car! I finally broke down and shelled out the money to get new tires. I honestly hate spending money on my car, but it has to happen, and I am so thankful that I have a tiny car that doesn't cost me nearly as much in upkeep as a lot of people.

On another note, I got to hang out with my dear friend Austin tonight! He is always so honest with me and we our relationship is super stress free. It was great to spend a night with a friend not worrying if I sounded stupid or if my hair was ok, or worry about anything. We had Subway and went grocery shopping and just chilled at his apartment. It was so nice. And the best thing about our relationship is that we have very well established boundaries, so there is no mistaking intentions on either of our parts. He's been so supportive the last few weeks and I am so thankful for him.

Another good thing about Austin is that he admits when he has faults and he says thank you. Like tonight he told me that he was so grateful that I was in his life at the right time last year to teach him compassion and how to really listen to people and remember what they say to stay in tune with their needs. That meant so much to me, because I didn't think that my message had gotten through his thick head (he agrees that it is thick :) ) I'm thankful that my words matter and that God allowed me to change someone's heart. It helps me realize that I can make a difference in people's lives, and that's just what I needed.

P.S. I have to add this funny story!
We were in the frozen food isle and this guy walked past and after he was out of sight, Austin and I both looked at each other at the same time and said together "That guy just totally checked you out!" I thought he was gay, but Austin stuck to his guns! haha! We laughed forever and made a whole lot of people stare at us in Walmart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Listen to rgrigg00s Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones