Saturday, August 13, 2011

Need vs. Want - Life Choices

So, I know I have been talking about my new house FOREVER. That would be because we have been working on it FOREVER. But. Today, I had a bit of an epiphany.

This economy has been really tough on my parent's business, so tough, that my mom had to get a different job and leave dad to it. Problem is, my parents have always shared a vehicle since they worked together. Now my mom is stuck driving the "blind van" so dad can drive his truck and work. They heard about a seriously fantastic deal on a car that would be perfect for my mom, but they had no idea how they were going to pay for it.

Insert epiphany.

I decided to completely redo my current room in my parent's house. Save loads of money. And in turn, give my school refund check to my parents so they can buy the car.

It was a bit of a tough decision, but my mom needs a car, my sister is getting married next summer so there's a wedding to pay for, and honestly that didn't leave any time or money to devote to my house that I've been working on for 3 years. I am sad about it, but I think its the right thing.

I will eventually move in, but not until after the car and wedding are paid for. By then, I'll be walking into the world with a degree in my hand and hopefully a good job to go with it.

Speaking of jobs, if you hear of anything that an almost college grad with a history and english concentration would be perfect for, let me know. I'm already on the lookout.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Listen to rgrigg00s Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones