Tuesday, August 23, 2011

1st Semester of Senior Year

Ok, let me just say that I was an idiot for taking 18 hours this semester.

Now that that's out of the way, let's talk about classes.

I'm taking Gender Studies, 20th Century American Lit with a focus on southern literature, History of Women in America, German III, Senior Seminar, and History of Arkansas. Whew! That's a lot.

I have to write a grand total of 4 full length research papers, not including presentation in every class and a paper completely in German by the end of the semester. Oh, and did I mention that I will be applying for Graduate school in the midst of all of this?

Good thing I already know what my tentative paper topics are.

For Gender: The role of gender in Harry Potter
For Ark. history: something to do with Fort Smith, hopefully about the Claytons or something similar. This is with the goal of publishing it in the Fort Smith historical society journal or the Arkansas Quarterly.
For Am. Lit: Something about the influence of the Civil War in modern society. How the South was never the same and how it influenced Southern Literature as a whole.
For Seminar: The Conservative Revolution, from Goldwater to Reagan, 1960-1980.

I am going to be one busy girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Listen to rgrigg00s Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones