Friday, January 14, 2011

First Week of Classes

My first week of classes for the new semester is finally completed! So far, I love my classes. After the cancelling of my German class, I was able to sign up for African American History to 1865 - with my favorite professor, Dr. Willoughby. The man is about as British as can be, but he is an American, plus he wears Argyle socks. I think I love him. I'm taking two classes with another professor, The Gilded Age, and U.S. 1900-1945. This professor is strict. We can't even have our cells phones on our desk to check the time or he will drop us. Dr. Stith, my Civil War/Reconstruction professor is awesome! I've had him before and loved him. He isn't quite thirty and he just got his PhD so he is hard, but laid back. And finally to Dr. Kithinji...he is from Kenya, and I haven't made up my mind about him. I had him last semester, and hated the class, but since I am allowed to pick my research material for the class this time, I think I will like him a lot better. Oh! I almost forgot, I'm taking a Jane Austen class too! I'm very excited to see what this semester holds for me, and I know I am going to learn A LOT. I get to research some of my favorite time periods and I got to add some really good books to my library. On the downside, I will have absolutely no social life. For one class, I am supposed to read 75 pages in preparation for class two times a week. Plus keep up with the reading for my other 5 classes. Good thing I am a reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Listen to rgrigg00s Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones