Saturday, July 23, 2011

Reasons to Love Harry Potter

I will admit it, I am a HUGE Harry Potter fan. Seriously. Since I was like 11.  I know a lot of Christians would say that this is a majorly terrible thing, but here's the deal. They've never even read it.

If you have read it, you would know what an amazing story it is. I just finished re-reading all the books for probably the millionth time, and I cried through the entire series. This was the first time that has ever happened, and I think that the older I get, the more I understand about the story and the more it hits home.

Its a story of courage, bravery, friendship, perseverance, over coming your past and accepting your future, treating others that are different from you with respect, sacrifice of the greatest kind, forgiveness, and the fight of good against evil, but most of all, its a story about love. Pure love that can change the world.

If anyone can tell me something wrong with anything listed above, please do. Before you ban yourself or your kids from reading this series, take another look. Look beyond the "magic" and see the true meaning. You might just become a better person or change your outlook on life once you've finished reading them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Listen to rgrigg00s Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones