Sunday, July 3, 2011

Figuring out Pieces of the Plan

You know that moment when you just have an epiphany of what part of your purpose in life is supposed to be? 

It's one of my favorite feelings in the world, and last night, I had an epiphany moment. 

As I mentioned in last nights post, I have fallen in love with this house all over again. 
Yeah, she's beat up. And coming in at over 4,300 square feet, she's MASSIVE. But, she's cheap. And she needs some love. And I think I'm just the person to give that to her. My mom asked me if I would actually live  alone in a house that big. And that got me thinking. Would I? The answer is absolutely not. Insert epiphany. 

How many girls out there in college or just starting out in life are just like me? Their friends are married. They want to be on their own, but can't afford it and go to school at the same time. They want a safe a beautiful place to live with people that care about them. Here is my idea: 
1. Buy this old place and fix her up. 
2. Find young single ladies that need a place to stay and go to school or get on their feet just after college. 
3. Turn the attic and 4 remaining bedrooms into fully furnished and rent-able rooms for these ladies. 
4. Finish the basement out and turn it into a place that they can hang out with their friends. 
5. Be a mentor to these girls. 

Did I mention that there are 2 living rooms in this place? Oh, and there is a two bedroom rent house in the backyard that two more young ladies, or young men could stay in. And that house is included in the asking price. 

I'm picturing family style meals, camaraderie, and a whole lot of fun. Plus, the best part is, if I do get married and have children, then I have a huge, fully remodeled house to start my family in. I'm investing for my future. 

I've never wanted to do anything in my life more than buy this house. I really can't explain it. The only problem is, I don't have a full time job ergo, no loan approval, so, hopefully the house stays on the market for another year, or, I can work out a deal with the owners to finance it themselves for a year until I can get approved for a loan. I'm hoping after 2 years of being on the market that they will be willing to do anything to get rid of this house and let me work my magic.

1 comment:

Listen to rgrigg00s Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones