Sunday, December 19, 2010

Victorian Reading Challenge

I'm very excited about this new blog I found today! I am participating in their Victorian Literature reading challenge, and there are four levels, 
Sense and Sensibility: 1-4 books.
Great Expectations: 5-9 books.
Hard Times: 10-14 books.
Desperate Remedies: 15+ books.

I think I am going to try for the "Desperate Remedies level. I am taking a Jane Austen class next semester, so I will be required to read several books within just a few months anyways and I have TONS of Victorian period books on my shelf that  I have yet to read, or would like to read again. I am planning on reading: 
Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte (1847)
Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte (1847)
Emma by Jane Austen (1816)
The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde (1890)
The Tenant of Wildfell Hall by Ann Bronte (1848)
Agnes Grey by Anne Bronte (1847)
Mansfield Park by Jane Austen (1814)
Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen (1811)
Dracula by Bram Stoker (1897)
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen (1813)
Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe (1852)
Leaves of Grass by Walt Whitman (1860 edition)
The Red Badge of Courage by Stephen Crane (1895)
The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne (1850)
Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky (1866)

Whew! That seems like a lot, but the challenge is for an entire year! I hope I can keep up!


This is my first reading challenge, and I know I am aiming high, but I read a lot anyways, so I think I can do it! 


3 comments:

  1. Wow! What a list! Looks amazing! I'm super excited for you. Thanks for joining in :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. +JMJ+

    We have A Picture of Dorian Gray and Dracula in common. =)

    I've already read all of Austen, but I'm going to be reviewing Sense and Sensibility next year because the last time I read it was about ten years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read most of Austen before, but they make my list because I am fortunate enough to be able to take a college course on Jane Austen next semester! I've never read Dracula, but after I read The Historian, my interest was sparked!

    ReplyDelete

Listen to rgrigg00s Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones