Sunday, February 13, 2011

Why I Hate Valentine's day

I know that it is so cliche that the single girl hates Valentine's Day, but I have so many reasons as to why I loathe the holiday.

1. When I was younger, I never got anything at school. I sat and watched all the other girls get roses and balloons and teddy bears brought in by the cart into class. I always hated it, because I knew I wouldn't get anything. That is not to say that I never got anything at home for V-day, my parents always got me something, and I saved every balloon that my grandpa gave me. But there was just something to the idea of getting those things for everyone to see at school.

2. I've never understood the point of bears with big hearts. What in the world do you do with a stuffed animal the size of Rhode Island in your bedroom? I mean it's cute for like a day, but it gets in the way. Plus that is a total waste of 40 bucks! And I don't really like Conversation Hearts, I remember them being so much better when I was a kid!

3. And now the inevitable, I think it's just a ploy to make single people feel miserable. I can't even get on Facebook without seeing everyone being mushy towards their significant other, or waiting in anticipation for what their boyfriend is going to do for them that night. And I will admit, I just really love flowers, and I don't like watching everyone else getting them and knowing that I'm not.

One of these days, maybe I will like Valentine's Day, but this year's official stance is that I hate it.

I do however love vintage Valentines.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Listen to rgrigg00s Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones