Saturday, February 12, 2011

Making a House a Home

As you may know, I've been up to my ears in remodeling for almost 2 years now. When I first stepped into my new house, there were electrical problems, plumbing problems, drywall problems, floor joist problems, ceiling problems, and basically any type of problem you can imagine, and that's not even touching the outside. The house is almost 80 years old, it had been neglected for the past 20, and it's previous re-modelers were drug addicts, so you can only imagine. Finally, my little baby is starting to look like a home instead of just a house.


This is my bathroom, vanity is in progress. 

My bedroom was getting the first coat of paint it had had in many many years. 

This is the office, which is currently acting as a "catch all" for things that I have collected for when I move in that mom wouldn't let me keep in her house. 


This is my bedroom with one coat of paint!! It dried a bit darker, but I am in love with the color. 

I found this hidden treasure in the back of an ancient picture frame that my mom found at a flea market years ago. I was so sad that it was water damaged. The copyright is from 1916. 

I will hopefully have more to update soon, and with some better pictures, but there is a taste! I can't wait to move in!!

1 comment:

  1. You are correct! I love love love the bedroom color! Why? It reminds me of. . . THE BEACH!

    ReplyDelete

Listen to rgrigg00s Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones