Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Oh the feeling of Community

I love the feeling I have when I hang out with my friends.

It is such a feeling of community that cannot be matched with anything.

For example. Last night. Every Tuesday and Wednesday we all get together and watch American Idol. Fifteen people in one tiny living room crowded around a TV with the show playing off of a VHS tape.

Yes, we are so old school. But I love it. I love my friends, and I love the way we crowd on the couch and on the floor without issues of personal space and no awkwardness. It makes me think that this is what a huge part of life is all about.

Relationships that mean something, people you can trust, and good clean fun. I know that I could call any person in that room if I was in trouble and they would be there in a heartbeat. That is a wonderful feeling.

Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art... It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things that give value to survival.
C. S. Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment

Listen to rgrigg00s Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones